Saturday, August 21, 2010

ENTHRALLED WITH IT ALL



I am quite certain I am in the most vividly vibrant and cacophonously insane place i have yet to visit. To talk about intensity would be an understatement. I am coming to know and developing a love for, a place. A place who is as loud as it is bright, as it is chaotic, as it is shocking. It presents complete saturation for every sense. I am consecutively breathing the most awful, followed the most heavenly of smells. The food is as spicy and delicious as the language is foreign and completely incomprehensible to my western ears. The sounds of the bus horns are some of the loudest i have heard. They move, jarring their gargantuan bodies through streets all too small, filled with a people so accustomed they barely acknowledge it’s gait. The cow eating from a mound of garbage, blocking traffic in the middle of the road barley riles a glance from the bus riders. It’s people are poor beyond my comprehension. Yet stirred into it’s blatantly globalized soup, of caste injustices, gender troubles, and political uncertainly, is a radiating beauty that is indescribably growing in with time. I am enveloped in a sea of uncertainty yet simultaneously feeling incredibly alive. On my bus ride home today, I took all of it in. Seated literally right next to the driver, as Tamil pop music blasted out of blown speakers on a rickety bus packed with people I invited these realizations. I am beginning to get to know my new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment